Monday, December 19, 2011

Forst Family Christmas 2011

Last night we had Aaron's entire side of the fam over for our Christmas gift exchange and chow fest!  We had cheese and garlic tortellinis, green bean casserole, salad, sausage balls, angel pie, and key lime cake!  YUMMO!  This was Eli, my nephew's, second Christmas, but it was actually the first one he was able to run around and enjoy things!  He is growing so fast!  Every time I see him I get more excited about being a mommy some day.  It seems like everyone is pregnant and while I am happy for them at the same time I am so ready that it gets a little frustrating because it seems like it's never the right time.  Since I lost my job, I have been struggling to find some balance in what makes me happy and what I feel completes me and I keep coming back to being a mother and creating a life from Aaron and I's love.  I know that God has it already laid out for us but it is still hard relinquishing that control and trying to define myself as something other than a nurse.  I am so much more than that.  I have been reading all these different blogs lately and so many of them the authors don't ever post about work.  I love that!  But then i am so confused because people ask me about myself and that's the first thing I think of and I hate that.  I'm trying to do better so here is a start.

I am Adrienne, I am 28 and I am married to most incredible man.  I love, love, love being on the back of a motorcycle!  I love the feel of people gawking at us when we walk into a restaurant in leathers and a dew rag.  I love my friends, I have the best group of girlfriends i could ask for.  I have an amazing family.  I am smart, funny, crafty, artsy, and I love GOD.  I enjoy going to GUTS every Sunday and singing my heart out, then hearing the word and actually reading my bible and understanding it.  I love the summer but am crazy about the fall.  I love to plant, I like movies and enjoy getting lost in a good book.

So that's me in a nutshell, everything else will follow.  Your job is your resource in the human world, but God is your resource in the heavenly world. ~ Pastor Bill Scheer

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment